Thursday, February 10, 2011

Warm Weather!!! (relatively speaking)

So, let me start off by thanking my wonderful sponsor Rudy Project for providing me with the most comfortable helmet and sunglasses I have ever used. Also for making the sunglasses in the perfect color to match my race kit! That was exciting.
This past week here in Germany has been on the mild side to say the least. So mild in fact, myself and a couple of friends who are just getting into the world of triathlon were able to get outside and do some real riding. Don't get me wrong, I love my trainer, but when the weather is nice it becomes necessary to step away from it and feel the wind in my face (actual wind.... not the artificial fan wind). The riding has been a blast and I always love that feeling you get when your legs actually recognize that they are no longer spinning in place and can actually propel you forward.
As you can see by the picture to the left, I have a new addition to my bike. This is my name! The sticker was made by AJ Eschwig of www.vcgraphix.com. His company makes these professional name stickers for a lot of the pro cycling teams that you see riding in the major stage races throughout the year. Team Radio Shack being one of them. So, needless to say I was pretty darn excited to receive this.
I am now in the middle of a pretty heavy strength building block of my training right now, so stay tuned for more updates about how I am feeling and what muscles are sore on me that I previously didn't know existed.
Last weekend I ordered the TRX Suspension Training System and I am looking forward to punishing my core throughout the duration of this season and the ones to follow. However, it
is getting late here in Duetschland and I am the only one left awake in my house. I usually try to take this as a sign that it is past my bedtime. So off I go. Goodnight and stay tuned for more updates, and if you have a minute check out the new sponsor links at the top of the page. There are some great companies and products available.


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You have sponsors! That is so freaking awesome!! We actually have had a really good day here too as far as the weather goes. Still not warm enough to ride in, but warm enough to not want to run back in the house while walking the dog. Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete